HOUSTON – July 2, 2012 – Alpheus Communications, a leading provider of Texas metro-regional fiber and networking solutions, will invest more than $10 million this year to expand its workforce and fiber network to support its new market of selling high-bandwidth services directly to Texas businesses. The Houston-based company expects its workforce to grow by more than 30 percent this year as customer service, sales and technical staff are added to support Alpheus’ growth plans.
Alpheus is launching into the enterprise market from a strong foundation – since 2001, America’s largest telecom carriers have relied on Alpheus’ fiber network to serve their Texas customers. Alpheus will now use its extensive network and management expertise to sell directly to businesses in Texas’ largest metro areas, including Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.
More than 88,000 buildings in Texas are Metro Ethernet qualified on the Alpheus network, which means businesses in those locations can get secure, high-bandwidth Ethernet services from Alpheus that’s more affordable and easier to manage than traditional network circuits. The company has more than 2,800 miles of long-haul fiber and 3,200 miles of metro fiber, making Alpheus an ideal choice for businesses that want to connect multiple locations throughout Texas.
“We are making a big investment in the people and technology needed to take this company to the next level so that Alpheus and Texas businesses can begin forming direct and long-lasting relationships,” said Alpheus CEO Scott Widham. “Alpheus is benefiting from Houston’s deep talent pool, and we are eagerly hiring employees whose experience serving business customers will further strengthen our ability to succeed with enterprises.”
The rock-solid Alpheus network provides the highest-quality business voice, data, Internet and data center services on a core network with better than 99.999% availability.
Texas businesses can benefit from a variety of Alpheus services, including:
- Metro Ethernet Services – businesses that have single or multiple locations throughout Texas can have their own private and secure pathway linking their locations via Alpheus’ wholly owned network. Businesses can create a competitive advantage by leveraging Alpheus’ Metro Ethernet services to handle bandwidth-hungry applications, such as videoconferencing, storage networking and cloud-based solutions that enhance communication and collaboration. And, because the Alpheus core network is not over-subscribed, businesses always get the bandwidth and network performance for which they’re paying.
- Regional Long-haul Transport – Alpheus’ fiber optic network covers every major Texas market, including Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley. Nationwide transport services are also available through Alpheus’ carrier partners.
- Dedicated Internet Access – to avoid Internet congestion that occurs when several businesses share Internet access infrastructure, Alpheus offers businesses their own private Internet pathway for reliable, consistent and uninterrupted Internet service.
- Data Center Colocation – Alpheus’ seven data center and colocation facilities are digital fortresses featuring fully redundant infrastructure; state-of-the-art power, cooling and fire suppression systems; robust physical security and scalable connectivity to its world-class regional fiber optic network.
- Business Voice Services – businesses can save money and reduce complexity by bundling Alpheus’ voice and data services because Alpheus owns and manages its network, which means it completely controls quality of service.
The Alpheus fiber network is connected to more than 300 central offices and POPs (points-of-presence), which creates a dense metro fiber infrastructure throughout the company’s strategic markets of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio and Austin.
“Alpheus has tremendous fiber assets, and because we own every inch of our fiber network, we can give Texas businesses what they really want – the highest-quality and affordable telecommunication services,” Widham said. “We are committed to serving our fellow Texas businesses by being agile, responsive and devoted to our customers. Alpheus understands the personal approach that it takes to succeed in the Lone Star State – and that’s something national companies just can’t match.”
Jetstream PR for Alpheus Communications
(972) 788-9456 ext. 301