The Boom of Carrier Ethernet Services
The wholesale carrier Ethernet market is exceeding industry analysts’ expectations as pundits contend that this market will grow steadily over the next five years, reaching about $39 billion in 2017. That is because carrier Ethernet services have become an intrinsic, permanent part of service provider networks—fueling the investment in switches, IP routers and Ethernet access devices.
Carrier Ethernet services—the use of high-bandwidth Ethernet technology for Internet access and communication among local area networks—afford countless benefits. Most notably, by using Layer 2 switching, the technology allows enterprises to get a handle on exorbitant bandwidth costs, enjoy availability and heightened performance and guaranteeing security and reliability. Moreover, carrier Ethernet has minimal configuration requirements allowing for immediate, seamless use.
Alpheus Communications for Your Carrier Ethernet Services
A leading provider of Texas Ethernet Transport needs, Alpheus Communications forms extensive carrier relationships so that customers can lean on Alpheus for their Ethernet services and capacity requirements. Unquestionably, Ethernet has become the preferred architecture, in large part thanks to its ability to converge Internet, data, voice and video. Moreover, enterprises are increasingly turning to their services providers for Ethernet connectivity to assist with the cloud-based applications; Alpheus’ Ethernet product is qualified to meet the needs of businesses as it has the power to span metropolitan and regional footprints with highly scalable solutions, removing the bottleneck between the LAN and the WAN and providing superior customer support and a 24x7x365 world-class Network Operations Center (NOC).
Alpheus Network in Numbers
- 2,800+ Route Miles of Long-Haul Fiber
- 3,200+ Route Miles of Metro Fiber
- Connectivity to 300+ COs / Carrier POPs
- 94,000+ Ethernet-Qualified Addresses
- 6 owned data center facilities
- Connectivity to major data centers throughout Texas
Alpheus offers an entire portfolio of carrier services:
- Private Line: T1, DS3, OC-N, Ethernet Metro Texas Ethernet: point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, any-to-any scalable WAN services from 1Mbps to GigE
- Optical Wave: protected and unprotected – 1G, 2.5G, 10G
- Regional Long-Haul: Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, McAllen, Harlingen and Laredo
- Dedicated Internet Access: T1, DS3, OC-N, Scalable Ethernet
- Type II offnet solutions
For more information on Alpheus Communications’ carrier Ethernet services, call our representatives at 1-877-ALPHEUS (1-877-257-4387), or click here to complete our sales inquiry form.